Advertisement

DIVIDEND GROWTH INVESTING (How To Drive 446% Stock Market Returns)

DIVIDEND GROWTH INVESTING (How To Drive 446% Stock Market Returns) Today's video answers three important subscriber questions about #dividend #growth #investing. The three questions, all related, capture the elements of time in the stock market and also market timing. I'm excited to look at these questions through the lens of CLX, CSCO, KO, and KMB. I'm further excited to discuss the famous Dogs of the Dow strategy. Of course, this would not be my channel without some real talk in there too!

Timestamps:
0:00 Intro – Dividend questions and some info about my career
1:27 QUESTION 1: What will the next decade hold for dividend growth stocks?
3:04 Let's first look at historical stock market data for Clorox (CLX)
3:55 Steady household name stocks offer capital appreciation (just like tech stocks)!
4:54 Let's look at a tech stock – Cisco (CSCO) – Way down over 10-year period, and even down during 19-year period! (Not counting dividends)
6:00 Reality check for FAANG stocks
6:47 We all need to challenge our assumptions!
7:20 Let's look at Coca-Cola (KO)
8:18 Let's look at Kimberly-Clark (KMB)
9:10 Boring old consumer stocks can do well over long periods of time (in terms of capital appreciation)
9:57 TIME in the market, even in the event of a horrible crash (Great Recession), can greatly improve results. Time is the great savior in the market. Time is powerful.
11:22 What's in store for the stock market for the next 10 years?
14:18 QUESTION 2: What do I think about The Dogs of the Dow investing strategy?
15:57 I buy stocks when they are underperforming.
18:21 Let's look at CLX, CSCO, KO, and KMB if one purchased at the low point!
20:20 Two takeaways from this video: time in the market matters, but timing also matters.
23:30 Where are you from?
24:14 Real Talk
24:55 I look forward to a sideways or downward market. More opportunity to accumulate dividend stocks at good price. I get to FIRE (financial independence retire early) faster.
26:30 I do not care about the S&P 500 that much. I will live off of dividends. Total returns are not my thing. That said, I am slightly beating the S&P.
28:04 Payout ratio
30:48 This is dividend investing for EVERYONE!
36:04 Why do I live in the Bay Area?
38:06 QUESTION 3: Can you achieve FIRE with household brand dividend stocks? Or, do you need to pepper in high yielders?
43:33 Yes, I believe I could achieve FIRE with just my top 10 stocks (household brands).
44:41 Please subscribe!

CLX:
2/1/00: 36.75
2/1/01: 31.83
2/1/10: 64.70
7/24/19: 163.59

CSCO:
2/1/00: 66.09
9/1/02: 10.48
2/1/10: 24.33
7/24/19: 57.23

KO:
1/1/00: 23.47
7/1/04: 20.02
1/1/10: 27.50
7/24/19: 53.78

KMB:
3/1/00: 58.01
12/1/02: 43.94
3/1/10: 58.20
7/24/19: 134.65

Check me out on Twitter:

Check me out on Instagram:

Learn more about total dividend stock returns with dividends reinvested here:

Here's how I'm beating the S&P 500:

Download my stock portfolio for free:

I'm going for a really FAT FIRE (financial independence retire early):

DISCLOSURE: I am long SBUX, CLX, KMB, KO, IBM, AAPL, JNJ, ABBV, MMM, LEG, O, and MO. I own these stocks in my stock portfolio.

DISCLAIMER: All information and data on my YouTube Channel, blog, email newsletters, white papers, Excel files, and other materials is solely for informational purposes. I make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, suitability or validity of any information. I will not be liable for any errors, omissions, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights. I will not be responsible for the accuracy of material that is linked on this site.

Because the information herein is based on my personal opinion and experience, it should not be considered professional financial investment advice or tax advice. The ideas and strategies that I provide should never be used without first assessing your own personal/financial situation, or without consulting a financial and/or tax professional. My thoughts and opinions may also change from time to time as I acquire more knowledge. These are, as discussed above, solely my thoughts and opinions. I reserve the right to delete any comments for any reason (abusive in nature, contain profanity, etc.). Your continued reading/use of my YouTube Channel, blog, email newsletters, whitepapers, Excel files, and other materials constitutes your agreement with and acceptance of this disclaimer.

COPYRIGHT: All PPC Ian videos, Excel files, guides, and other content are (c) Copyright IJL Productions LLC. PPC Ian is a registered trademark (tm) of IJL Productions LLC.

dividend,growth,investing,stock,market,return,returns,dogs,dow,jones,value,personal,finance,financial,retire,retirement,early,invest,investor,investment,dividends,stocks,stock market,dividend growth,dividend growth investing,dividend stocks,stock market timing,dogs of the dow,clx,csco,ko,kmb,tech stocks,market crash,great recession,faang stocks,fang stocks,stock market forecast,fire,financial independence retire early,how to invest,ppc ian,ian lopuch,strategy,

Post a Comment

0 Comments