Advertisement

Doodlebug Days Excursion on the Allentown & Auburn Railroad 9|14|19

Doodlebug Days Excursion on the Allentown & Auburn Railroad 9|14|19 This Saturday, Pennsylvania Railroad Doodlebug 4666 made three journeys up and down the Allentown & Auburn Railroad from Kutztown to Topton and back for the Doodlebug Days excursions. 4666 has been freshly painted and looks better than it has in decades, only missing the Pennsylvania Railroad lettering and side numbers. I was able to see the 11AM run at several different locations along the line during its journey. I had also been planning to chase the 1PM run, but poor weather put a halt to that, so I instead used that time to search for a place to eat instead.

I arrived at Kutztown early enough to see 4666 pulling in before the first run of the day. Soon enough, it was time for the 11AM run to depart, which I filmed from the East Main Street crossing next to the Dunkin Donuts. From here, I saw 4666 at Kohler Road and Hinterleiter Road in Maxatawny Township and a private crossing in Topton. I actually had quite a scare when a big dog charged at me from the barn on the other side of the tracks, but he turned out to be friendly and just wanted to say hi. He did come dangerously close to getting hit by 4666 when he darted back across the tracks, though.

For the return trip back to Kutztown, I returned to Hinterleiter Road to get my first shot. I then moved up to the second Kohler Road crossing to see the doodlebug coming around the bend through the cut. I had intended to to chase the 1PM run to get some more shots, but the weather started changing for the worse, so I settled on simply getting a shot of it crossing Kohler Road.

PRR,Pennsylvania Railroad,Allentown & Auburn,Doodlebug Days,Kutztown,Maxatawny Township,Topton,Doodlebug,AA-2,4666,

Post a Comment

0 Comments