Advertisement

Landing a nearly 10lb Rainbow Trout at Collins Lake - 11.1.2019 @ Collins Lake, CA

Landing a nearly 10lb Rainbow Trout at Collins Lake - 11.1.2019 @ Collins Lake, CA Had a blast hauling this trout in on 4lb test line, using an Dynamic Lures HD Trout in Silver and Black to mimic the minnows :-) I saw the wake the trout made as he bee-lined towards my lure about 15 yards out. The jiggle on the tip of my rod triggered me to set the hook. My drag was set perfect as he struggled to go out deep. At first I thought it was a "sea otter"! LOL!!! You can hear me say it at the beginning of the video. My better half started recording the fight after about 2 minutes of fighting the fish. After about a 5 minute fight, I managed to bring him in. My fishing neighbor, Rich, asked if I needed a net, because I had left mine up at our campground. I politely said yes and Rich was happy to help as you can see him get the trout into his net then struggle to lift it up out of the water :-) Good times!!! We weighed him afterwards and my Rapala Scale showed him between 9.12 and 9.15. My personal best Rainbow Trout!!!!

Rainbow Trout,Personal Best,Fishing,Collins Lake,

Post a Comment

0 Comments