Advertisement

8 Biggest Mistakes I Made When Starting a Website Design Business

8 Biggest Mistakes I Made When Starting a Website Design Business The 8 Biggest Mistakes I Made When Starting a Website Design Business way back in 2006. Some of the mistakes were minor and easy to fix, others took many years to learn and grow from.

I'm still learning how to build the perfect website design process and I have much to learn about owning and operating a business with this many sales.

My Mistakes:

1. Listen to your Client - this website that you are building is for your client and not for yourself. Seems pretty simple but this was very difficult for me within the first couple years. I took the build of each website way to personally which prolonged the amount of time the process took.

2. Bite my Tongue - I learned from my mistakes and I no longer fight fire with fire. I am the proud owner of A Nerd's World and I must act that way. Professional at all times, even when the client is not being that way.

3. Under Estimating - Ask the RIGHT questions required to create a proper website design price quote. This came with years of experience and I had dozens of issues before I realized that it was my fault.

4. Website Contract - Use a contract but don't rely on this piece of paper.

5. No Proposal - Can you believe I went years in business without sending out one single website design proposal? It's crazy now that I look back at that silly mistake. Tomorrow it will be 2020 and I've closed millions of dollars in sales due to my killer proposal. I highly recommend you create one too.

6. Statement of Work aka SOW - It's needed, start using one immediately!

7. Building a Team - I am still learning to hire and fire with my brain and not my heart. It is possible to like a person and still know that they are not the right fit for my company.

8. Trust - A very big 5 letter word that I have great issues with. From previous web developers at A Nerd's World deleting my internal hard drives with dozens of client websites, to in-house graphic designers stealing my clients via email, to being sued by my best friend.

► Subscribe:
► Follow me on Instagram:
► Follow me on Instagram:
► Follow me on Twitter:
► My Website:

biggest mistakes in web development,biggest mistakes in business,biggest mistakes in website design business,

Post a Comment

0 Comments