Advertisement

“Working Out” (READ DESCRIPTION TO UNDERSTAND VIDEO TITLE)

“Working Out” (READ DESCRIPTION TO UNDERSTAND VIDEO TITLE) The iron worshipping strength and conditioning coaches would never be caught dead exercising like this.

It’s taboo.

“He’s achieving nothing by sectioning off 5 minutes of a workout for free flowing sequences like this”, they say.

“Waste of time”, they say.

Best part is, I have no allegiance to iron, rings, floor work, high intensity work or Yoga.

I use all of it when it’s appropriate for my goals. Iron when iron is needed. Bodyweight to understand how to move my body through space. Yoga to slow down, BREATHE and challenge positions.

Here’s another fun fact I’ll share... I’m chasing zero goals in the gym.

I’ll get tarred and feathered for that.

Actually a lot of the time I’m exerting with no specific goal in mind. Funny part is, I still make gains in mobility, strength and conditioning. Huh.

I move because I have a pulse and I’m alive. Therefore I feel a sense of duty to move around a little bit each day. Free of any ailments (which I’m grateful for) I often move however I please.

Don’t get caught in the crossfire of fitness pro’s promoting their flavor of fitness, or making a point to slam others.

Also be careful of fitness pro’s who are robotic, white paper reading lab rats with little common sense. These folks take pleasure in teeing off on the doers and movers of the world, yet cannot move themselves, which always boggles my mind.

A PHD wielding personal trainer who cannot sit in an end range squat for more than 30 seconds, or maybe not squat past parallel, but willing to go out of his/her way to rip apart people who elected to use less researched modalities of fitness.

Nothing drives me crazier than when a person who has taken years to highly adapt to their chosen training method (big weights, endurance, gymnastics, etc) preys on those who aren’t on their level or have little interest in chasing what they feel is best practice in the gym. It’s bizarre.

It’s like a surgeon making fun of a bank teller for not understanding how to perform a knee replacement.

Huh?

Find the balance. Seek to justify your actions in the gym and support them, but be a free thinking human capable of establishing a balance.

Balance of the proven methods, but reserving room for exploring the taboo.

I enjoy reading up on science and studies, but it doesn’t dictate my every move.

You cannot sum up every twitch of human movement in a white paper.

Get in the gym or find a space to move, learn, adapt, tweak, refine, have fun. Soak it all up.

#flow
#workout
#homegym

iron,workout,working out,fitness,ground flow,how to flow,flow workout,movement,meauxtion,mydailymobility,Vahva 20XX,Vahva Fitness,Home Gym,Bodyweight Training,Ido Portal,

Post a Comment

0 Comments