Advertisement

Meaning of STICK AROUND and STICK TO IT - A Short English Lesson with Subtitles

Meaning of STICK AROUND and STICK TO IT - A Short English Lesson with Subtitles READ ALONG TO PRACTICE YOUR ENGLISH AND TO LEARN THE MEANING OF STICK AROUND AND STICK TO IT: So in English, when we ask someone to stick around, we are asking them to stay. Let's imagine that you are having a party and one of your guests says to you that they need to go home. You could say, "Don't leave, stick around. "We're just about to bring out some really good snacks." So when you say stick around, you are asking them not to leave. You are asking them to stay. Stick around. We're just about to have some really good snacks. If I was at a party and they brought out good snacks, I would stick around because I love really good snacks. You'll often hear me say this phrase at the end of one of my longer videos. You'll hear me say, "Why don't you stick around "and watch a few more videos while you're here?" Basically, what I'm saying is, if you enjoyed the video that you just watched, why don't you stay? Why don't you stick around and watch another video? Don't leave, stick around and watch another video. So when you ask someone to stick around, you're asking them to stay.

We have another phrase, stick to it, and this is a little bit different in meaning. When you say that someone should stick to it, it means that they should keep doing it. Maybe you have a friend who says, "I think I'm going to quit my job because I don't like it." You could say to them, "I think you need to stick to it," or "I think you need to stick with it. "Don't quit yet. "I think you should keep doing it." So when you ask someone to stick around, you're asking them to stay. When you tell someone to stick to it, you're telling them that they shouldn't quit. Anyways, Bob the Canadian here, and you're learning English with me on this really cold day. My thumb is actually getting a little bit cold right now, and I hope that you're having a good day, and I will see you tomorrow in another video.

#englishteacher #englishlessons #speakingenglish

---



⌛ Be sure to watch the video TWICE today and ONCE tomorrow to reinforce the English that you have learned!



---



✅ SUBSCRIBE RIGHT HERE:



---



✅ Looking for longer English lessons? My other channel is right here:


yt:cc=on,learn english,english lesson,stick around,meaning of stick around,stick to it,meaning of stick to it,stick with it,meaning of stick with it,

Post a Comment

0 Comments