Advertisement

Everything In Its Place || NPR Tiny Desk Contest Submission 2020

Everything In Its Place || NPR Tiny Desk Contest Submission 2020 Lyrics

So you want fortune
Conventional beauty
A portion
A pension
A seventy inch television
To watch when your work is through

So you want someone
To pick out your clothes
A messiah
The coldest of comforts
To save you
From everything you don't know

Maybe I do too

You want to know what
To do with your hands
In pictures
To know how to use the postal system
No one explained to you

Maybe I do too

Who do you ask when the preachers are all poets?
Who do you ask when the poets are all thieves?
I tried my best to be good and not to know it but
Sometimes I wish I were better at believing

You want a house with
A white picket fence
and a kitchen
Complete with somebody
to share it
With everything in it's place

tiny desk,tiny desk contest,npr,nprmusic,

Post a Comment

0 Comments